Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What Would Jesus Say?

So, last night I read something rather...interesting I guess you could say.

"Children born out of wed lock. What would Jesus say?"
This frustrated me. I have two children and no, I am not married. I'm also not perfect. I am, however, human. I make mistakes. Reading that really got to me, though. I fear my Judgement Day. I know I have not lead a perfect life. I know I have made my mistakes. We all make mistakes, right? Some more than others, some bigger than others. I guess I just don't like being looked at as 'that girl.' You know, the one who had not one, but two kids out of wed lock.

If I were to judge, I guess I would say my second child is out of worse circumstances than the first. My first was at least conceived out of a loving relationship, one that will one day end in marriage. My second was just conceived. There was no love. It just was. The after effects were hate, from the CSD. I love both of my kids and I would not trade them in for the world.

I fear everything. I do think about what all I will have to answer for on my Judgement Day. I don't want to go to Hell. I want to go to Heaven. I want DB to go to Heaven too. I want my kids in Heaven. I want everyone I know and love to be in Heaven with me. I want to know them again when I'm there. I know that per the Bible and everything I was taught that you're not even supposed to have sex until you're married. So, obviously having children 'out of wed lock' is wrong. I guess I just want to know how wrong. Am I going to Hell for it? Will I be forgiven for it? Will my children be punished?

2 comments:

Christa Cox said...

Hey! found you at "relax & surf" blog hop! if youd like you should come check out my neck of the woods :)(http://christanncox.blogspot.com) :)--ps..i am your newest follower :)

Andesha said...

This is something I've struggled with and prayed about, too. I've read the whole bible, and even though it was a newer translation called the "Contemporary English Version," I found that the book of Romans was an amazing help. It says, in my opinion, that as long as you have faith in our Lord, you will be forgiven. You don't have to follow the customs of the Jewish people. For example: Not being circumsized does not bar you from heaven, as long as you have faith. This is because heaven is for EVERYONE. Jew and Gentile alike. I have to consider myself a Gentile. The Gentiles have different customs than the Jews, and those different customs don't prevent the Gentiles from seeking and attaining Forgiveness. Basically, as long as you give up sin and believe that Jesus dies for our sins, then Heaven is open to you. But conversely, if you know that something is wrong and you continue to do it, then you won't make it into heaven.

As far as the kids go, after calling a child to His side, Jesus said, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." (Luke 9.48) Jesus also said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." (Luke 18.16-17)

You have some papers that someone gave you yesterday. You should look at up the bible versus on the back of the first page. Just a suggestion. :)

Oh, and Marriage isn't the "end" of a relationship. Just another beginning.

Always & Forever

Post a Comment

In an effort to maintain a spam free blog, all comments must be approved before they will become visible.

-Nikki Layne