Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Naming Your Children

The other night I was talking to a friend about the names of my kids and how they got their names. I realized that both of my kids had meaningful names. I fought so hard to get my first. I experienced loss before I got him. However, finally I got pregnant with him and gave birth to him on October 22, 2009. Due to my struggles, his name means by the grace of God. Basically meaning by the grace of God I was finally blessed with a child. I had a lot of attachment issues when I was pregnant with my second. So, his name has a lot of meaning. His first name is after my best friend who was killed in 2009's biggest influencers, my other best friend's angel baby, and my paternal grandfather who raised me. His middle name is after the husband of my best friend who was killed. Lil' Bean was basically my baby for my best friend who was killed. The other meanings came with time as I finally settled on a name. I was well over 8 months pregnant before I had settled on a name. Are there meanings behind the names of your children? How long did it take you to decide on a name?

No comments:

Post a Comment

In an effort to maintain a spam free blog, all comments must be approved before they will become visible.

-Nikki Layne