Thursday, May 5, 2011

What Grinds My Gears: Bad Parents

What really grinds my gears are bad parents. I don't understand how a woman can carry a child for 9 months and still end up being a bad parent. You are supposed to love and care for your child. From the moment you get pregnant, your life will never be all about you again. You can no longer be selfish. Your life is now about your family you have now created.

I can't stand seeing bad parents. I have come across many of them in my time. They made decisions only thinking about themselves. They slept through vital doctor's appointments for their children. They didn't pay any attention to their children. Bath time was an infrequent occurrence in their household. Mealtime consisted of chocolate chip cookies.

I feel like if someone can't be a good parent, they shouldn't be a parent at all. There are some people I see out in public and all I can ask to myself is why? Why did they choose to have children? If it wasn't a choice they consciously made, why didn't they consider adoption? These children deserve so much more than what they're being given. These children are innocent and deserve a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In an effort to maintain a spam free blog, all comments must be approved before they will become visible.

-Nikki Layne