Sunday, May 15, 2011

Harder Than I Thought

This whole new eating less calories than I burn diet is much harder than I thought. Today was a big fat fail. I went over by 551. So, I'm pretty disappointed in myself. I am scratching eating out off my list. The only way I can eat out is if I only have granola bars for my other meals. So, right now it just won't work. I'm going to have to really strap down. I thought it would be easy and I'd be able to just mark my calories at the end of the day I was obviously wrong. So, now I am going to plan my daily meals according to calories. I really need to do this for myself. It will make me feel so much better when I see results. I know I'm not the only one to fail on the first day of a diet. Any words of encouragement to keep me going are appreciated because right now I'm pretty down.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. If it makes you feel any better, two hours ago, I ate an ENTIRE sleeve of Girl Scout cookies and I'm still hungry!

Groan :)

Dee said...

Thanks for following, I'm following back! I tried the whole counting calories and eating less than I burn thing, I would stick with it for a few weeks then get burnt out on doing it. It is difficult, and I wish you the best of luck!
You should try myfitnesspal.com it's helped me and they harass you with emails if you don't diet, lol.

Stephanie said...

It could be worse. You could have eaten 5 Orange Cream Bars in less than one day like I have! That's 400 calories right there!

OrangeHeroMama said...

just keep trying! that's all we can do! I am calorie counting too!!

1 Funky Woman said...

Oh man I've totally eaten a whole sleeve of Girl Scout cookies also.

I joined Weight Watchers a couple weeks ago and I'm down 17lbs! It was tough at first trying to figure out the points but for the most part my cravings are gone.

One thing that really works is writing down what you put in your mouth. Actually seeing what I was eating before made me join!

Good luck to you and counting calories.

New follower from weekend blog hop!

Megan

Post a Comment

In an effort to maintain a spam free blog, all comments must be approved before they will become visible.

-Nikki Layne