Saturday, April 30, 2011

What Grinds My Gears: Illegal Immigrants

What really grinds my gears are illegal immigrants and how much America is willing to give them at the cost of taxpayers. Illegal immigrants who come to the United States get a lot. They get a job, a driver's license, a roof over their head, medical benefits, housing benefits, benefits for their children, an education, a tax-free business for 7 years, and much more.

This only happens in the United States. If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 years of hard labor. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally, you get shot. Not in America. If you cross our borders, you get everything handed to you on a silver platter.

As an illegal alien, you can walk into any ER and get medical attention at the cost of taxpayers. They also get the opportunity to go to any school they wish for free. They don't have to do a thing. They don't have to pay a dime.

America hands all of this great stuff over to illegal immigrants, but when it comes to our own people that's a different story. I will be putting myself through school here shortly. I don't think it's fair that I will ultimately be putting myself into debt to go to school to better my life and better my children's lives, but an illegal immigrant gets handed an education at any school of their choice for free.

There are people in America with no jobs, food, shelter, etc. Yet, instead of America helping those people; we are helping out illegal immigrants. What about our own people? It is extremely hard to get any kind of assistance these days.

I became a single mom overnight because of a bad situation. DB has done everything he can to better himself now, but I am still basically a single mom for intents and purposes for at least another couple of months. When everything happened, I literally went from depending on his paychecks to not knowing what I was going to do. I needed help paying my water bill when everything first happened and I basically got ridiculed for it. I got asked if this was going to be an all the time thing. I got the assistance with the water bill too late and my landlords ultimately ended up helping me out instead. I still owe them $100 for helping me out. What if they couldn't help me out and I was without water with a 16 month old at the time? I felt like nobody cared.

Realizing how much help these illegal immigrants get and how little help I have gotten infuriates me. I am now a single mom of two little boys. I work very hard every day to make ends meet. The end of the month/beginning of the next month are always the hardest. Yet, I always seem to make ends meet. I just wish less of our taxpayers dollars were going towards helping illegal immigrants and were instead going towards our own people, our own country. This country is in so much debt and then we wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In an effort to maintain a spam free blog, all comments must be approved before they will become visible.

-Nikki Layne