Monday, April 25, 2011

10 things I need to be happy

As Americans, many of us think we need all of these materialistic things to be happy when in reality materialistic things will not buy us happiness. I know this. My ex-husband gave me full control of the money and I had the ability to get pretty much anything I wanted. However, all of that just filled the void which was the fact that I was in a marriage with no love. I didn't love him and I never felt like he loved me. It was a bad choice I made soon after high school. When DB buys me nice things now I am very appreciative. However, I don't need those things to be happy. It's his love I need. I really started thinking about what I need to be happy and have compiled a list of ten things I need to be happy.

1. My kids
2. Love
3. A few true friends
4. Food
5. A roof over my head
6. The ability to supply what my kids need
7. Creativity
8. Anything I can read and learn from
9. Hope
10. A computer with internet access and a word processor

No comments:

Post a Comment

In an effort to maintain a spam free blog, all comments must be approved before they will become visible.

-Nikki Layne