Thursday, April 28, 2011

Twinkies, Serial Killers, and Strange Squirrels

So, last night I could sleep for anything. I am surprised I wasn't dragging today. It was beautiful outside. So, I took the Lil' Bean for a walk and we went grocery shopping. DB had Sweet Pea, so it was nice to not have so much weight in the double stroller. I struggle with it quite a bit. I'm still getting used to it. I just realized today that I've been using it with the front wheels locked. This explained why I had so much difficulty turning haha!

I know I just had my Lil' Bean a month ago (I can't believe he's a month old already!), but I have really been getting on myself about my appearance. I was a size 0 very thin girl prior to having kids. Prior to having my Lil' Bean, I was a size 1 or 3 depending on the brand. I was still thin. With everything I have going on this summer, I feel like I really need to get in shape and lose my baby weight. Not only do I want to lose pounds, but I also would like to trim my stomach, waist, and thighs. So, I have decided to start eating healthy. I am going to cut back on my soda and cut twinkies down a lot. I have a serious twinkie addiction. I bought a lot of different vegetables today, wheat bread, etc. I am really hoping this will help. I'd like to find an actual diet, but I decided to go shopping on a spur of the moment. With the weather being so rainy, I didn't want to end up stuck out in the rain. So, maybe before I go shopping next time I can find a good diet.

Now, I live really close to Walmart. So, Lil' Bean and I walked. Well, I am a super paranoid person. This really creepy, serial killer looking guy was walking about 30 feet behind me. I freaked. I have to walk up a semi-steep hill to get home. Let me tell you, I don't think I have ever walked up that hill so fast in my life! I am extremely paranoid. I watch too much television I think. CSI, Bones, Criminal Minds, and Law & Order are some of my favorite shows to watch. I think they get to my head sometimes, though. Luckily, he ended up crossing over the train tracks when I had to keep going straight. That was a sigh of relief for sure!

Has anyone ever seen a black squirrel with a red tail before? I know I sure haven't! Well, that was until today. Growing up, I only saw grey squirrels. Since moving to Ohio, I have now seen black squirrels as well. However, I have never seen a black squirrel with a red tail. On my way home from Walmart (after losing the serial killer), I saw one. I had to stop and try to take a picture. Of course the squirrel must have known because he scurried up the tree as quickly as he could. I tried, though.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Is this what he looked like? http://esperanto.wunderground.com/wximage/viewsingleimage.html?mode=singleimage&handle=RenegadeMama&number=2&album_id=1&thumbstart=0&gallery=

Nicole said...

Yes, that is what he looked like. Strange.

Stephanie said...

Not really so strange. It's a melanistic (black) Eastern Gray Squirrel that just happens to have red coloration on the tail lol.

Post a Comment

In an effort to maintain a spam free blog, all comments must be approved before they will become visible.

-Nikki Layne