Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lil' Bean had his 1st complaint-free bath!

Since Lil' Bean was born he has hated bath time. This included his sponge baths. Well, we haven't done a sponge bath since he was two weeks old because his weewee was healed and his umbilical cord had fallen off. How I do bath time with him is I give him a bath with me, but it's not my bath time; it's his. I hold him in lukewarm water  and take his washcloth to wet him and then lather him up and rinse. I try to be quick about it because usually he is crying. He has been like that since he was born for some reason.

Well, not tonight. Tonight he was quiet and happy during his bath. I'm not sure what was different about tonight. Honestly, I don't think anything was different. Same time, same routine, same everything. I'm definitely not complaining. I hope he starts enjoying more baths. Lord knows I enjoy a relaxing bath. Heck, he just has to lay there. I do all the work!

He always loves his baby massage I give him after his bath. I always put lotion all over before getting him dressed and to bed. He seems to love that. Well, I also recently got this stuff called Badger Balm Night Night Balm. It's lavender scented and it really calms Lil' Bean and gets him right to sleep. It works like a dream! So, if your little one has trouble with bedtime, I would totally recommend giving that stuff a shot. You can find it on the Diapers.com website. If you order from the Diapers.com website, be sure to enter the code CXLE3246 so you can save some money! 

He was all relaxed and ready for bed. He's my sweet Lil' Bean. I am so thankful for him every day. I really and truly can't picture my life without him now. He is such a blessing. Anyone who knows me knows what I went through during my pregnancy. I struggled with attachment issues and all of that. It seems like now I'm making up for all of that. He is my little blessing #2. With Sweet Pea being so attached to me and me being so attached to him, I wasn't sure how I'd handle having another. I think I've done well. I love my boys and truly could not imagine my life without either of them. They are my pride and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In an effort to maintain a spam free blog, all comments must be approved before they will become visible.

-Nikki Layne